With the subtle increase of online markets over the years, dropshipping on eBay has earned a place in the industry for being an auction house. Buyers or customers swarm on eBay and choose over various single-handed sellers and bid for the products. In this way, the buyers get the product for their prices and the sellers will also benefit from the bidding by the customers.
How does eBay work?
eBay is an online platform where people sell and buy products. There are more than 20 million Indian active buyers and sellers on eBay. On the other hand, there are almost 182 million users on eBay worldwide.
eBay is an auction online platform where customers can bid for the products they like. If not, they can use the ‘Buy Now’ option that is available.
Unlike Amazon and FlipKart, on eBay, there are no particular brands. The seller can sell any products that he/she wishes to. If the customer likes the product than they can either bid on the product or directly buy it.
What is Dropshipping?
Dropshipping is a process when a seller does not own an inventory. Moreover, the seller can buy the products from a wholesaler and sell them online with a profit margin.
The seller does not need to own any kind of warehouse to keep all the products he wishes to sell. Just buy the product from the wholesaler and get it delivered to the customer.
How to Dropship on eBay?
A few steps to become a seller on eBay
Study and Find Your Product
Every seller needs to study and analyze the industry and the various products that are available but are also needed by the customers. It is necessary to stick to specific niche and research about the same.
You can decide which products you want to sell and which will suit your ideas better.
Look for a good supplier
Supply and deliveries are of utmost importance in the process of dropshipping. Especially, when the products need to deliver to the doorstep of the customers, the customers want a good and efficient delivery.
Few things you need to check before deciding upon your supplier.
- Check the background of the supplier company
- Analyze their ongoing services
- How many supplying services do they offer
- What are the types of delivery services they are ready to offer
- Check their frequency of deliveries
- The packaging used by them
- Do they have proper quality check controls
- How many states and countries do they deliver to, it can hamper your business if they have restricted delivery locations
- Are they open to new and online businesses
Futhermore, all these aspects will prove of great use to you and your company.
Customize your eBay account
You have chosen your products and the specific suppliers, it is time for you to customize your eBay account. Remember your account is the first thing customers will check, make it attractive and catchy.
You start making your account, make sure you go through all the terms and conditions of dropshipping on eBay. Clearly, this is very important because you do not want to get in trouble because you did not the various eBay policies of dropshipping.
Few guidelines to do the same
- Read and understand the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies of the eBay.
- Think wise and choose a catchy name for your account. If the name doesn’t sound appealing than the customers will not visit your account. Get started!
- There are a few identifications of a seller that each one has to apply and get verified for. Tax ID numbers and a few more other things listed in their policies.
- Along with this, online businesses need online payment methods as well as cash on deliveries. Study and choose the best payment method for your account.
- You then have to set up your account with the return policies shipping prices etc.
- Make sure everything is clear to the customers, it should be noted that if the customers get confused they might leave your account and switch some other one.
Following all these steps, your account will be ready to get rolling and make some good profits out of your business.
Keep the listings for products clear
- All the delivery and payment options for each product has to be clear to the customer.
- Delivery days
- Delivery options
- The Bidding Prices
- Buy it Now option
These options should be crystal clear to all the customers and attract them to your products.
Manage and Engage Customers to Your Account
- the customers in the loop and keep them engaged in the process of delivery.
- Build a good reputation
- Fast and efficient deliveries
- Remove out of stock products on time
- Keep coming up with new products regularly
- Respond to the customer’s queries and problems
- Build the trust of the customers
After following all these points, dropshipping on ebay can earn you good money and reputation for your products and account.
Dropshipping is the new business model one can use to earn money with less investment. With daily checkups of the orders and deliveries, you can be one of the best drop shippers on eBay.
Hope this article will help you through becoming a dropshipper. Wishing you luck!